Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I feel like i'm doing everything wrong!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Empty I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 am

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

Annalise is 9 months old and before the middle of december she was eating three meals a day have 4 bf's a day falling asleep on her own and sleeping through the night... but since then i'm lucky if she eat one meal a day, she wont fall asleep on her own tried the 'controlled crying' thing last week and she screamed for two hours so i usually have to feed her to sleep and at night she wakes up every hour and unless i'm there when she wakes up absolutely screams the house down, she did cut her first two teeth last week but she's not showing any signs of being in pain no red cheeks or terrible nappy. calpol/calprofen or bonjela do nothing and she only cries until we go to her...I just feel like we've done a huge backwards step and its really getting me down Sad has anyone else experienced this? i feel like a failure Crying or Very sad
advice would be much appreciated Smile xx

cas

Admin
Admin

Hi hun big hugs.Your not alone kaden is the exact same. have you tried the pick up put down method.I done this with kieron and it worked not straight away though.You got to keep at it.kaden dont go down to 1ish.so am going to start it with him soon.

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

cas wrote:Hi hun big hugs.Your not alone kaden is the exact same. have you tried the pick up put down method.I done this with kieron and it worked not straight away though.You got to keep at it.kaden dont go down to 1ish.so am going to start it with him soon.

Hiya
i've never heard of that method i'll have to google it Smile thanks xx

traceylou

traceylou
Admin
Admin

hi hun hows it going?? i know u said she is not eating much but have u tried to feed her mayb a yoghurt or banana just before bedtime.
p.s you are not a faileure hun here if u waana chat ive been there xxxx

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

traceylou wrote:hi hun hows it going?? i know u said she is not eating much but have u tried to feed her mayb a yoghurt or banana just before bedtime.
p.s you are not a faileure hun here if u waana chat ive been there xxxx

Hiya hun thanks Smile i've tried giving her a yogurt and she'll only have 1 or 2 spoonfuls then refuse it, she still the same but on sat she threw up a few times and her nappy's are really bad now so i hoping its just her teeth and whens she's better i can try getting her back in her routine xx

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

*Fiona* wrote:Annalise is 9 months old and before the middle of december she was eating three meals a day have 4 bf's a day falling asleep on her own and sleeping through the night... but since then i'm lucky if she eat one meal a day, she wont fall asleep on her own tried the 'controlled crying' thing last week and she screamed for two hours so i usually have to feed her to sleep and at night she wakes up every hour and unless i'm there when she wakes up absolutely screams the house down, she did cut her first two teeth last week but she's not showing any signs of being in pain no red cheeks or terrible nappy. calpol/calprofen or bonjela do nothing and she only cries until we go to her...I just feel like we've done a huge backwards step and its really getting me down Sad has anyone else experienced this? i feel like a failure Crying or Very sad
advice would be much appreciated Smile xx

Hi hun you are not a failure i went through this with jessica and thought OMG!!!! why can't i get her settled and eating it really got me down (didn't help that i had pnd) have you tried medised it has something in it to help them get a restful sleep. (you can put it in the milk) Controlled crying didn't work for me either i know its not ideal but have you tried putting her in a rocking chair i used to put jess in one until she went off then lift her into the cot, The eating side of things i took things back for jess and started at basics so weetabix at b/f (with sugar) then her milk to top her up then lunch was finger food cheese spread s/w wotsits cubes of cheese and ham and a yoghurt juice drink then in the evening something mashed down like sos mash peas gravy with juice or water then before bed weetabix and milk. She didn't always want the weetabix at night but i always offered it. Can she hold a bottle on her own? if she can and she wakes up during the night just give her a small amount of milk in a bottle to settle her back off again don't pick her up just stroke her head don't talk to her or she will wake up and try and engage u just a simple ssshhh ssshhh and the bottle then leave. Sometimes the sucking of the bottle is enough. Try and i know its hard because i have been there but try not to pick her up because then she has won. I hope i've helped hun please let me know how u get on xxxx BIG HUGS TO YOU

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6695&post=23980&uid=5577

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

Hiya hun,
Thanks Smile at the moment she wont really eat anything not even finger foods although she did suck the juice out of a bit of fruit lol i'm still bf and she has never taken to the bottle Sad so at the moment she is using me to feed to sleep last night i took her in the bed with me and although she slept she moves around a lot and grimaces so i'm wondering whats causing that Question
the health visitor is coming round later today i rang her in tears yesterday cos i didnt know what to do and i hadnt slept at all! hopefully she'll help Smile

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

*Fiona* wrote:Hiya hun,
Thanks Smile at the moment she wont really eat anything not even finger foods although she did suck the juice out of a bit of fruit lol i'm still bf and she has never taken to the bottle Sad so at the moment she is using me to feed to sleep last night i took her in the bed with me and although she slept she moves around a lot and grimaces so i'm wondering whats causing that Question
the health visitor is coming round later today i rang her in tears yesterday cos i didnt know what to do and i hadnt slept at all! hopefully she'll help Smile

Hi hun please let me know how the hv visit goes hun (BIG HUGS) XXX

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

lanzachick83 wrote:

Hiya,
well shes been to see us she thinks what happened is when annalise was ill over xmas she wet off her food completely and was feeding of me more often the solid foods has gradually come to a stop while the milk feeds are increasing basically its just becuase its less effort to eat solids if she can just have milk whenever she likes so i'm going to stop bf but the only way to do it is to leave annalise with someone else for the weekend Neutral She was quite worried about me and gave me one of them pnd questionairres to fill out i scored really high so i'm on the waiting list for councelling and might need tablets when i stop feeding xx

10I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Empty Re: I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 pm

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

*Fiona* wrote:
lanzachick83 wrote:

Hiya,
well shes been to see us she thinks what happened is when annalise was ill over xmas she wet off her food completely and was feeding of me more often the solid foods has gradually come to a stop while the milk feeds are increasing basically its just becuase its less effort to eat solids if she can just have milk whenever she likes so i'm going to stop bf but the only way to do it is to leave annalise with someone else for the weekend Neutral She was quite worried about me and gave me one of them pnd questionairres to fill out i scored really high so i'm on the waiting list for councelling and might need tablets when i stop feeding xx

Hi hun i'm glad u have seen someone i hope they don't keep u waiting for long i'm here if u need to chat hun i've pnd myself BIG HUGS 2 u again xxx

11I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Empty Re: I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:04 pm

traceylou

traceylou
Admin
Admin

sounds promising hun i did that questionnaire to and i scored 22 which is high i got councilling to as i refused to go on the pills. there is one u can have while bf but i didnt want them

big hugs hun xxxx here if u ever wanna chat

12I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Empty Re: I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Tina

Tina
Site owner
Site owner

hi hunnie hows it going any news xx

https://theladieslounge.forumotion.net

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

hi hun was thinking of you yesterday how r things? x

14I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Empty Re: I feel like i'm doing everything wrong! Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:36 am

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

Hiya all, things are ok'ish i was due to give up feeding last friday but i couldnt do it so i've cut it down to one a day for now and its going ok Annie wont really drink much milk out of a beaker though so were still working on that and his mum has been here so she took over at night to give me some sleep which helped, the health visitor is coming back tomorrow so gonna tell i'm not going to have anti d's just the counselling. My main problem is i seem to get really upset with little warning and for silly things. thanks for your concern xx

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

*Fiona* wrote:Hiya all, things are ok'ish i was due to give up feeding last friday but i couldnt do it so i've cut it down to one a day for now and its going ok Annie wont really drink much milk out of a beaker though so were still working on that and his mum has been here so she took over at night to give me some sleep which helped, the health visitor is coming back tomorrow so gonna tell i'm not going to have anti d's just the counselling. My main problem is i seem to get really upset with little warning and for silly things. thanks for your concern xx

Hi hun you will get through it i promise so sounds like you are getting great support, i still get upset over little things with no warning and its been a long time since i got over my pnd. You have all our support hun x x x x:D

*Fiona*

*Fiona*

lanzachick83 wrote:
*Fiona* wrote:Hiya all, things are ok'ish i was due to give up feeding last friday but i couldnt do it so i've cut it down to one a day for now and its going ok Annie wont really drink much milk out of a beaker though so were still working on that and his mum has been here so she took over at night to give me some sleep which helped, the health visitor is coming back tomorrow so gonna tell i'm not going to have anti d's just the counselling. My main problem is i seem to get really upset with little warning and for silly things. thanks for your concern xx

Hi hun you will get through it i promise so sounds like you are getting great support, i still get upset over little things with no warning and its been a long time since i got over my pnd. You have all our support hun x x x x:D

Thans hun its nice to know i'm not the only one Smile xx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum