Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favourite recipe?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is your favourite recipe? Empty What is your favourite recipe? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 am

Gale Scheelar

Moderators
Moderators

My family likes my home made cabbage rolls-especially at Christmas and Thanksgiving:

take core oout of 1 large cabbage
place in large kettle of boiling water and cook about 20 minutes until the leaves start pulling away

crumble up 1 pound hamburger-cut up small 1/2 pound bacon and cut small pieces of 1 onion

In frying pan cook hamburger and bacon and onion-add cooked mixture-seasoned with salt and pepper and garlic-to 2 cups cooked rice-minute or otherwise-combine and pull gently the leaves off the cabbage and stuff and roll.

Place in a slow cooker or deep pan in oven. In large bowl combine 1 can tomato juice and 2 cans tomato soup-salt and pepper

pour the juices over the cabbage rolls and cook for 2 hours medium heat and 1 hour low heat. Insert sharp knife in roll and if tender it is ready. Yummmmm

2What is your favourite recipe? Empty Breakfast Pie! Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 pm

lanzachick83

lanzachick83
Admin
Admin

I have had my nose in a cook book so much lately and this was by far one of the yummiest i have made ok so you need :-

A pack of puff pastry
Roughly depending on the amount of ppl eating 8 sausages (defrosted)
1 onion
chopped up bacon
mushrooms
and again depending on how many are eating 2-4 eggs
small amount of milk
salt and pepper

ok so cut you pastry block in half and roll the first half out to lay in the bottom of your dish
then fry off the bacon mushrooms and onion then lay them in on the pastry base
next cut your sausages into 4 pieces and lay over the bacon etc
Next beat the eggs and milk salt and pepper and pour over the contents off your dish
now roll out your second half of the pastry and lay over the top make sure you pierce the top a couple of times
Glaze with either egg or milk
Cook in oven 200oC for 45mins
serve with chips,beans,mash whatever you fancy

I PROMISE YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED! Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6695&post=23980&uid=5577

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum