Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So pleased and proud

+3
Tina
cas
chez
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So pleased and proud Empty So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 am

chez

chez
forum promotor
forum promotor

Well i think its been about a month or so since Simon was diagnosed with ADHD, he has been so good bless him. He has been getting certificates every week at school for different things, and is now at the top of his class for literacy and numeracy and french.

I had a big chat with him, explaining how artificial colours (e numbers ) and etc sometimes make children go a bit hyper like he sometimes gets. I explained that the nurses and i thought it would be a good idea to cut as many things like this out as possible. Simon agreed that this was a good idea.

Anyway when he goes in to the sweet shop he normally just buys himself a cheap packet of Custard Creams as he only eats chocolate anyway and apart from the ones he doesnt like they all have loads of e numbers in. Well yesterday i told him he could have a wispa if he wanted one as it only contains one e number in - his response was "No i wont have that because one e number is just the same as 4" i was so proud of him for making the decision himself, and taking responsibilty for what he chooses to eat.

Anyway he has gone to a friends to play today and his friends mum just phoned me because simon had got in to a bit of a state as he didnt know what crisps he was aloud with his lunch, he knew he wasnt aloud cheese and onion but he wasnt sure about any others. In the end he asked if he could phone me to double check.

I am just so proud that at 7 years old he is taking responsibilty for himself and knows the effects some of the ingredients have on him.

I dont tell him he cant have this or that, i just explain about the colourings and such and leave it up to him to decide, and so far i think he is doing great!!!

Anway just thought i would ramble on about my proud mummy moment lol

https://www.facebook.com

2So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:01 am

cas

Admin
Admin

awww bless well done Simon

3So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:05 am

Tina

Tina
Site owner
Site owner

aww fantastic well done simon Very Happy

https://theladieslounge.forumotion.net

4So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:40 am

mand

mand

well done simon, bet your so proud of him chez xxx

5So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:19 am

pschofield

global moderator
global moderator

awe thats great that he understands huna d is happy to help himself

paula
xxx

6So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:53 am

lillysmummy01

lillysmummy01
Admin
Admin

aww bless him well done simon, steven has been recently diagonised with adhd but until we get full report we have not been given any help as to what might help him x

http://parent2parentchat.com

7So pleased and proud Empty Re: So pleased and proud Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm

~HaYlEy~

well done xxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum